Central Otago Athletics 2013
Wed 6th November - Molyneaux Park Alexandra
Your Child has been selected to compete in the Central Otago Primary Schools’ Athletics day. See on back for events entered. Please note that there are some events where there is only one or no entries from our school. This is because the Central Otago standard wasn’t met for that event.
· The event is being held at Molyneaux Park, Alexandra on Wednesday 6th November starting at 9.15am. Postponement day is Thursday 7th.The Events times sheet is attached. Look out for Mr Winders and Mr Young who will be in charge of our team this year. We will have the Arrowtown School gazebo to look for on the hill as our base.
· On the day your child will need a packed lunch, a drink, sunscreen lotion and a sunhat. There is a canteen operating as well. They will be issued with school t-shirts and shorts at school..
- If you have any at home please let me know as we are very short of uniforms. Uniforms need to be washed and returned to school after the event ASAP
- Take something warm to wear between events if the day is cold.
· There is an entry fee of $3.00 per competitor to be paid to the school office by the Mon 4th November.
· I will put a notice on school website if the athletics is postponed by 7.30am.
· Arrowtown School is in charge of the hurdles this year so it would be great if we could have some parent help to run them. Please enter a time below if you help Tim and myself.
· Girls’ track events are in the morning with field events in the afternoon. Boys’ field events are in the morning and track events in the afternoon.
· See on the back of this letter for events your child is in as well as all our competitors so as to enable you to look at ride-share possibilities. If your child needs transport to the event please contact me at school please indicate on the form below.
We are looking forward to a very successful and enjoyable day.
“Go for Gold!”
Yes I can take my child ____________________and____ extras to the Central Otago Athletics on Wed 7th November.
No my child __________________________ needs a lift. Yes -My $3 entry fee is attached
I can / cannot volunteer an hour of my time to help with the hurdles.
Circle one 10am – 11am 11am- 12.pm 12pm -1pm 1pm – 2pm
Name _________________________ Phone ____________________________________
Please return to Mr Winders on Monday 4th November