Arrowtown School Junior X-Country
Wednesday 24th September
The year 0-4 Junior X-Country is coming up next week. It will be held at Wilcox Green, Arrowtown.
The children have been training well and I’m sure would appreciate your support if you can make it.
The timetable for the day is as follows.
· Early lunch at 12.00pm ( Sausages will be cooked early for those who get them)
· Hand bell at 12.20pm – changed/toilet/line up outside classes
· Walk to Wilcox Green and sit on bank.
· 1.00pm -Briefing
· 1.15pm -Start Races
Approximate times of races are;
· Yr 0 -1 girls 1.15pm
· Yr 0 -1 boys 1.20pm
· Yr 2 girls 1.25pm
· Yr 2 boys 1.30pm
· Yr 3 girls 1.35pm
· Yr 3 boys 1.40pm
· Yr 4 girls 1.45pm
· Yr 4 boys 1.50pm
· Certificates ceremony 2.00pm -2.15pm
· 2.15pm walk back to school
Course is part of river track and Wilcox green -Approximate distances are;
· Yr 0-2 – 650m
· Yr 3-4 - 1200m
What to bring?
- Packed lunch to eat at school before going to Wilcox Green.
- Drink bottle (labelled) to take to races.
- Warm top to wear while waiting for, and after the race.
- Sun hats and sunscreen
- Good running shoes (compulsory), shorts and t-shirt.
- No dogs please
- Parents plaese stay off the course when kids are competing – last year we had parents and toddlers cutting in front of runnners.
- Kids are expected to stay for the prizegiving. Please advise your child’d class teacher if you are taking your child after that.
Hoping it’s a fine day and to see you all there!