CO Athletics - Tuesday 4th November, Molyneaux Park, Alexandra, Postponement day Thursday 6th
Your child has been selected to compete in the Central Otago Primary Schools’ Athletics day. See on back for events entered. Please note that there are some events where there is only one or no entries from our school. This is because the Central Otago standard wasn’t met for that event.
· The event is being held at Molyneaux Park, Alexandra on Tuesday 4th November starting at 9.15am. Postponement day is Thursday 6th.The Events times sheet is attached. Look out for Mr Winders who will be in charge of our team this year. We will have the green Arrowtown School gazebo to look for on the hill as our base.
· On the day your child will need a packed lunch, a drink, sunscreen lotion and a sunhat. There is a canteen operating as well. They will be issued with school t-shirts and shorts at school. Uniforms need to be washed and returned after the event.
· Take something warm to wear between events if the day is cold.
· There is an entry fee of $3.00 per competitor to be paid to the school office by the Mon 3rd November.
· I will put a notice on school website if the athletics is postponed by 7.30am.
· Arrowtown School is in charge of the hurdles this year so it would be great if we could have some parent help to run them. Please enter a time below if you help.
· Girls’ track events are in the morning with field events in the afternoon. Boys’ field events are in the morning and track events in the afternoon. See timetable attached. You don’t have to be there the whole day if you are only in 1 or 2 events but make sure you are at least 20mins before your event.
· See attached sheet for events your child is in as well as all our competitors so as to enable you to look at ride-share possibilities. If your child needs transport to the event please contact me at school please indicate on the form below.
- A BBQ will be operating on the day, and a canteen offering a variety of food/drinks.
We are looking forward to a very successful and enjoyable day.
“Go for Gold!”
Yes/ No I would like my child (name) _____________________________________entered.
Yes I can take him/her plus_________ extras to the Central Otago Athletics on Tues 4th November.
No my child _____________________________________ needs a lift.
Yes -My $3 entry fee is attached
I can / cannot volunteer an hour of my time to help with the hurdles.
Circle one 10am – 11am 11am- 12.pm 12pm -1pm 1pm – 2pm
Name _________________________ Phone ____________________________________
Please return to the office by Monday 3rd November