Arrowtown School Junior X-Country
Wednesday 31st October
The year 0-4 Junior X-Country is coming up next week. It will be held at Wilcox Green.
The children have been training well and I’m sure would appreciate your support if you can make it.
The timetable for the day is as follows.
· Early lunch at 12.00pm
· Hand bell at 12.20pm – changed/toilet/line up outside classes
· Bring water bottles named and warm top if cold
· Walk to Wilcox Green and sit on Tarpaulins on bank.
· 1.00pm -Briefing by Paul Winders
· 1.15pm -Start Races
Approximate times of races are;
· Yr 0 -1 girls 1.15pm
· Yr 0 -1 boys 1.20pm
· Yr 2 girls 1.25pm
· Yr 2 boys 1.30pm
· Yr 3 girls 1.35pm
· Yr 3 boys 1.40pm
· Yr 4 girls 1.45pm
· Yr 4 boys 1.50pm
· Certificates ceremony 2.00pm -2.15pm
· 2.15pm walk back to school
Approximate distances are;
· Yr 0-2 – 650m
· Yr 3-4 - 1200m
What to bring?
- Packed lunch to eat at school before going to Wilcox Green.
- Drink bottle (labelled) to take to races.
- Warm top to wear while waiting for, and after the race.
- Good running shoes (compulsory), shorts and t-shirt.
- No dogs please
Hope to see you all there!